Wednesday, June 22, 2016

I enjoyed Dragon Ball more than Dragon ball Z.


I know how much higher DBZ is rated than it's prequel Dragon ball. I even know plenty of people who watched dbz without ever watching dragon ball, and they still were able to catch up with what was going on and enjoy the anime.I was one of those people who watched DBZ first, but I became curious and went back to watch dragon ball after. And I gotta say, Dragon ball, IMO, was much more enjoyable than DBZ. I felt that the battles were more realistic and they were much more creative. I felt there was much more thrill and suspense in Dragon Ball(there were some scenes that spooked me), and thoroughly enjoyed the adventure type story.DBZ on the other hand was full of fights with 80% filled with people yelling and powering up. It also took more of a sci-fi turn, and the battles were just so unrealistic and bland(though dbz has merits for some good moments). It was just two people blasting energy at each other and only brute force won the battle. The fights were not as interesting as they were in dragon ball, despite that the people were weaker in Dragon Ball.I also enjoyed Goku's development more in Dragon Ball. Even though in dbz, goku's strength increase like a million times, I felt that dragon ball executed a better development of Goku's personality and his battle strategies, which IMO is more important. Also, I hated how dragon ball developed these characters(Oolong, Bulma, Krillin, Roshi, etc.) so well, and then dbz just completely ignores them as main characters in dbz.This is just my thoughts. I don't want to convince you that db is better than dbz because this is just my opinion on which one was more enjoyable, and apparently most people think that dbz was. I just want to know which one did you prefer and why? http://ift.tt/28WnU9N

No comments: