Friday, June 03, 2016

/r/anime's taste poll!


I've decided to poll the denizens of /r/anime to find out what our general tastes are. I'll get to the why later, but for now, here's the poll if you would like to participate. I plan to leave this open for a week or so, and if I get any significant amount of data*, I'll publish a spreadsheet with the information along with a summary of the results. I would be very happy if everyone who does this poll would take note of the formatting and follow it where possible.*I'm choosing to wait a week before opening the results to the public because I don't want people to be influenced by the data. If people start commenting that "their girl should be doing better" or whatever, then it's going to change the answers of the new people coming in. I'd rather everyone go in blind, that way we get a good read on what the people of this sub prefer. It also isn't a tournament, so we could find out who the true best girl of this sub is, not the best girl to make it through the bracket.======================================I mostly want to do this to help people like myself who enjoy creating and putting on game show style events at conventions and other gatherings. I had a lot of fun this year when I ran an Anime Jeopardy panel at a small convention, but I really felt like since I came up with ~90% of the questions, it wasn't as diverse as I had wanted. I had thought about asking /r/anime for help with question creation, but my introverted nature took over and I ended up just binging different series for "research" (it's also the reason I picked up like 5 shows halfway through last season).I only expect maybe 50-100 people to even notice this thread, let alone participate, but I think it will still be helpful for me moving forward. I'm already planning to go back to the same small convention for my third time next year, and I'm planning to bring Anime Jeopardy again, Name That Tune, and I'm considering running a Family Feud-style game as well. At the very least, this would help me pick out more popular series that I haven't seen yet to watch and draw questions from. At best, it would give me a whole lot of content to work with when structuring Anime Feud *tentative, terrible title.Thanks for your time! http://ift.tt/1r6ouZz

No comments: