Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Revel in shame: You Most Embarrassing Weebo Moment?


First thing that comes to mind:It was 6th grade and I had just started to embrace anime beyond Dragon Ball Z, and was beginning to spend a decent amount of time reading about random manga online to get a feel for what they were. From afar, I became predictably infatuated with Love Hina.I ended up finding this stupid sick deal on eBay and got the Love Hina boxset, along with both movies and some extras for like $30. I was so excited I could barely fucking contain myself.Unfortunately, it showed up the Friday I had planned for my best friend to come over. I didn't want to admit to him or anybody else that I had intentionally ordered an anime about romance and fan service, so I lied like crazy. Even as we were walking up to the mailbox, I kept hyping him up for some Gundam Wing bullshit that I claimed to have ordered.Imagine his disappointment and my stupid red tomato face when we opened it and there were no robots. I faked my own frustration and disappointment as best as I could, and even managed to wait to try and watch it until way later in the night. Using our late-night boredom as an excuse, I insisted we put it on and "see what it was all about." Thankfully, he didn't mind it much, and fell asleep after about 8 episodes.I might have managed to save some face if he hadn't woken up the next morning to find that I had stayed up all night and watched the entire thing without pause. Even worse, he caught me getting all emotional over the bullshit ending.Looking back, I probably could have waited to watch it until after he was gone, but the strange mixture of shame and unceasing temptation confirmed and revealed my worst fears: I was a huge fucking nerd and I could not would not stop.Now it's your turn. Tell me about a time your nerdy tendencies put you on the spot. http://ift.tt/25B34XK

No comments: