Sunday, May 01, 2016

Beware of Smaller Studio's Game Subreddits[Story][Long]


Gonna start with theTL;DRStudios can run their own Sub-Reddits and remove Negative Opinions. Sandbox Interactive, the studio behind Albion Online, is doing just that. Always check who moderates a Sub-Reddit and get your information from multiple sources. Be especially weary of Early-Access Cash Grabs.The StoryI recently Pre-Purchased a game called Albion Online, by recently I mean forever ago. In my frustration that the game is still not even nearing release and with delay after delay I took to their discord for answers.I joined the community for answers, but mostly I just found that my opinion was a fairly common thing there, and in fact I'd come to learn it was the general consensus. It was full of frustration with the level of interaction and pace of development, and all we got was pushed back dates after pushed back dates.I'd check the discord a couple times a week for news and one day, eventually, a developer was present. As they always did someone asked for information about the game moving forward into the next phase. The Developer then replied:"Not anytime Soon ;Winkyface;"During this time I'd been frequenting the Sub-Reddit which at this point was a barren wasteland full of "Should I buy this game" "Is this game worth it" posts, some videos, and almost no discussion, not the negative kind you'd expect at least. And so, after seeing this reply I took to the Sub-Reddit hoping to spark some discussion by posting a screenshot of this Developer's snarky reply. I titled my post "Summary of Albion Online," it was quickly voted to the top and then poof, gone. I was wondering what type of moderators would remove such a post. That's when I began to understand the seeming lack of negative opinions that seemed so prevalent when discussing the game on other mediums.Here's a list of the Sub-Reddit's moderators.http://ift.tt/1rKe4Ai Are employees clearly on the company's payroll. Something doesn't sit right with me about all the people coming along asking if the game is worth pre-purchasing while all the while the developers were removing negative posts to the contrary from the Sub-Reddit.I took to Discord to ask if they were really removing negative posts. For those who can't be bothered to read through all this I'm told here in these images that:* 1. The post would more than likely not have been removed if it was Positive.* 2. That my post was stupid* 3. That negative posts about the Developers will be removed.Part.1http://i.imgur.com/nrABAlb.pngPart.2http://i.imgur.com/1P3bzSD.pngPart 3http://i.imgur.com/jFMo9VS.pngPart 4http://i.imgur.com/HYlhnFT.png

No comments: