Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Characters you hate that are extremely popular with the general fanbase?


Are there any characters that you have seen and thought "God, I can't stand them at all!"? But then when you go to a forum about it, everyone thinks the sun shines out of their backside?I've had a few like that over the course of my long anime watching life. The most prominent of which is Mio Akiyama from K-ON. For some reason she is so unbelievably popular but all I can see is a quivering mess of a "band member" that doesn't really have any redeeming qualities outside of being moe to some.Don't get me wrong, I love moe stuff but something about Mio in particular rubs me the wrong way.Edit: A couple of others that sprung to mind after reading here. Chitoge from Nishikoi. So many people think she is so perfect for Raku but all I see is a bully who treats him like crap and still expects him to be friendly with her. Literally ANY of the other girls are a better match for him than her. However with the way the author is for that show, there will probably never be a winner anyway.As someone else mentioned(and I can't believe I forgot), Nagisa from Clannad as well. She is the only heroine of the whole series with literally NO redeeming qualities. Yet because "plot" she is the main heroine despite being so unbearably dull. Once again ANY of the other girls would have sufficed and made for a far more believable and better story. I found it hard to care when any bad stuff happened because I just didn't care about her at all.How about the rest of you? Are there characters you can't stand that everyone else seems to love? http://ift.tt/1o2oSrj

No comments: