Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Advice to a new, older anime fan


I recently discovered anime. I watched my first three episodes of my first anime ever (Deathnote) last week after being given a copy of the Manga by a student.Later as I discussed the experience during class, other students were "grossed out" that a early 40s professor liked their genre.Does Reddit agree with my students? Admittedly, I have a small sample and I probably will keep watching Deathnote (love Ryuk!), but perhaps I don't have to share my geeky noobishness with others.Also, I'm thinking of trying out a new show. I've done some research and I've selected Blood+, or maybe Clannad, or maybe Attack on Titan, or... ;)Edit - to be more clear, I'll keep watching anime. I don't let others dictate my tastes. I'm interested to discover if the anime community prefers younger people in their conversations or if older people are tolerated. Thanks for all the supportive comments though :) http://ift.tt/1RJtvNR

No comments: